In-Game Level Editor + Source
A downloadable asset pack
This is an asset for the Unity, it's not got a lot of advanced features but the code should be easy to understand and expand upon, and should really be treated a starting platform if you want a more fleshed out level editor. Although if you would like a new feature on it, feel free to make a post in the discussion board below and I'll try and add that feature for you if I get time :)
- Save to a file and Load from file.
- Easily add new tiles.
- Undo last edit.
- Camera control (panning and zooming).
- Click and drag draw/remove tiles.
- Works with adding players/enemies too, not just tiles.
- Won't overlap tiles in the same place, so you don't get any build-ups.
If you're stuck with anything feel free to leave a post in the discussion below I'm happy to help.
If you do use this, credit would be great but it's not necessary. So have fun with it :) Thanks!
23/11/17 - Stopped editor from placing tiles when clicking UI. (Thanks BitwiseGuy).
Click download now to get access to the following files: